We are open - safety is our top priority!
Finding the right solution for gum disease can be challenging. Surgery has been one of the traditional methods of treating this serious dental condition that damages oral health and can loosen the connection between gums and teeth. Treatment is necessary to prevent tooth loss and to promote the healthiest possible gums for patients.
At our dental practice, we are happy to offer our patients an innovative treatment option for periodontal disease. We are trusted providers of Perio Protect in Westfield, a noninvasive and convenient treatment that offers real help for patients with gum disease.
What Is Perio Protect®?
Unlike traditional surgical methods, Perio Protect is noninvasive and can be administered at home every day without frequent visits to our dental office. The process is simple and involves the following steps:
- First, we will take impressions of your teeth and gums and send the molds to the laboratory.
- Custom dental trays will be fabricated to fit your teeth and gums and sent back to our office. This process can take a few weeks to complete.
- Once your trays have been received in our office, we will contact you to schedule a fitting for them and instruct you on how to use the Perio Protect system.
- During treatment, you will fill the trays with a prescription solution that contains 1.7 percent peroxide as its active ingredient. Although this concentration is relatively low, it can kill bacteria on contact to reduce their effects on your gums and to lower the risk of inflammation.
- We will design a treatment regimen that will involve you filling your Perio Protect trays with peroxide and leaving them in for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. This relatively short application time can produce outstanding Perio Protect results for your teeth and gums.
How Much Does Perio Protect Cost?
If you are concerned about the Perio Protect cost, our team and Perio Protect dentists will work with you to keep your costs as low as possible and to provide you with the right options for your budget. We cannot determine the exact out-of-pocket costs for Perio Protect until we evaluate the condition of your gums and develop a treatment regimen that is best for you. You can be sure, however, that we will work diligently to keep your costs as low as possible.
Will Insurance Cover Perio Protect?
Some dental insurance plans cover some or all of the cost of Perio Protect services. To determine if your insurer does, ask them if they cover code D5994. We will work with you to make sure as much as possible of your Perio Protect cost is covered. This can help you enjoy peace of mind when dealing with the financial aspects of your dental care. We would be happy to work with your insurance provider on your behalf to help you receive the full benefits from your dental plan.
How Long Does Perio Protect Treatment Take?
Each Perio Protect treatment takes about 10 to 15 minutes and can be performed each day at home or on the go. The full course of treatment, however, will vary in duration depending on the condition of your gums and the recommendation of our Perio Protect dentists. More severe cases may take longer and require additional treatment to ensure the best results.
Choosing a Perio Protect Dentist
Perio Protect dentists must undergo specialized training to provide this treatment to patients. At our office, we have the experience and knowledge needed to ensure that your Perio treatment provides real help in stopping the progress of your periodontal disease. We will work with you at every step of the process to make sure you understand your treatment plan and achieve the best results for your dental health.
What Are the Benefits of Perio Protect?
Aside from effectively treating patients’ gum disease, one of the benefits most commonly reported in Perio Protect reviews is the fresh breath the procedure provides. And, peroxide also can leave your teeth whiter and brighter while promoting the health of your gums.
Another benefit often mentioned in Perio Protect reviews is the convenience of the treatment. Rather than visiting our dental office multiple times per week for periodontal care, you can administer these treatments daily in the comfort of your own home. This can save you time and energy in dealing with your gum disease in an effective way.
Can Anyone Get Perio Protect?
Our dental team will work with you to determine whether you are a good candidate for Perio Protect. As one of the leading providers for Perio Protect in Westfield, we can provide you with the right solutions for all of your dental care needs. Call us today to schedule your initial appointment. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.