We are open - safety is our top priority!
If you are wondering, “How do I find a dentist in Sturbridge by insurance?” Baystate Dental of Sturbridge can help. We accept many of the most popular dental plans and will collaborate with your dental insurance provider to find the most affordable treatment options for your situation.
Dental Insurance 101
Most Americans receive their dental coverage through their employer. Since individual employers negotiate the benefits and determine how much of the cost of coverage that they will bear, it is possible for two people covered by the same insurance provider to pay different prices for the same service. Your fees and premiums also vary based on whether your plan requires you to see a dentist that accepts PPO insurance or a dentist that accepts HMO insurance. PPO dental plans typically have higher premiums and fees; however, you are allowed to choose from a wider selection of dentists. HMO dental plans tend to be more economical, but you must select your provider from a pre-approved list.
What Do I Do If I Don’t Know How to Use My Dental Insurance With a Dentist in Sturbridge?
While our staff can help you find a dentist that takes insurance, specific questions about your benefits should be directed to your insurance provider. Once you find a dentist in Sturbridge, we recommend asking your dental plan provider the following questions before scheduling an appointment:
- How much is my annual deductible?
- What is my annual benefit limit?
- How do I track the amount that has been applied toward my deductible and annual limit?
- Do I have to pay a co-pay for each office visit?
- Does my plan cover braces and other orthodontic treatments?
- What options does my plan cover for missing teeth?
- Does my plan require me to have services pre-authorized?
- Is there a specialty dentist near me who accepts my insurance?
- What happens if there is not a dentist near me who accepts my insurance?
- How do I know which dentist takes my insurance if I need treatment away from home?
- Do I need a referral from my primary dentist to see a dental specialist?
- How do I appeal if a claim is denied?
Our providers and office staff will keep you informed of your treatment options throughout the treatment process to ensure that you get the most coverage possible. We even file the claim for you, so you don’t have to worry about mountains of paperwork. Of course, there can still be out-of-pocket expenses even with dental insurance. If this should occur, we offer convenient financing to help you manage the expenses. In the end, the patient is ultimately responsible for the full cost of any services.
At Baystate Dental of Sturbridge, we want all of our patients to enjoy the best possible oral health. We are committed to helping patients make the most of their dental insurance. Call (774) 316-2352 today to find out more about our services and the insurance plans that we accept. We look forward to serving you and your family.