We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Your child should have annual dental check ups, just as he or she has annual checkups with the pediatrician. When a child learns good dental hygiene at an early age, it helps for a lifetime. Dental health and physical health are related, We recommend helping your child to establish good dental practices when he or she is very young. Call our office to get in touch with a children’s dentist in Sturbridge and we’ll schedule an appointment for you.
Our dental care practice focuses on providing experienced pediatric dental care in Sturbridge. Many of our other dental care offices have at least one children’s dentist on staff although all of our compassionate dentists are excellent with kids dental care. You’ll be provided with techniques and tips on how to train your child in good dental hygiene.
When Should I Take My Child To See A Children’s Dentist?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents bring their child to a children’s dentist as soon as the first tooth has erupted. Even one tooth can develop a cavity and two adjacent teeth can develop decay if they’re not flossed.
Baby bottle tooth decay is very prevalent today because many parents send their children to bed with a bottle or sippy cup that contains juice or milk. Both of these drinks are high in sugar and can contribute to enamel erosion and tooth decay. Don’t ever send your child to bed with a bottle or sippy cup, they should brush their teeth right before bedtime. Call our office in Sturbridge for more information on this subject or to make an appointment with a kid’s dentist
The Agenda for Your Child’s First Dental Visit
During your initial visit to our children’s dentist in Sturbridge, the dentist will check the jaw and teeth for possible misalignment or any other dental issues. This check can be performed with the child sitting in the dentist’s chair or while he or she is seated on the parent’s lap.
Children’s Dental Services
We strive to provide high-quality dentistry for kids. Some of the ways we help to maintain your child’s healthy, beautiful smile include:
- Dental Cleanings: We’re experts at getting children to open wide so that we can clean and inspect their teeth.
- Fluoride: Our topical fluoride treatment melds into the tooth enamel, which makes the surface less susceptible to decay.
- Enamel Sealants: A sealant is a thin layer of plastic that coats the teeth and helps prevent decay.
- Pediatric Crown: Chips and small fractures can be repaired with tooth-colored material to restore functionality and appearance to the teeth.
- Baby Root Canal: If your child has a cavity that has extended to the center of the tooth, a baby root canal may be necessary and may be the only way of saving the tooth.
- Mouth guards: The American Dental Association recommends a mouth guard for any child who is engaged in sports, whether it’s high contact sports like football, boxing, or hockey, or another type of sport, like ice skating. A mouth guard can reduce the risk of broken or loosened teeth or having a tooth knocked out.
Frequently asked questions:
- At what age do baby teeth come in?
- At what age do baby teeth fall out?
- What are the causes of a toothache in my child?
Have you thought to yourself, “I need to find a children’s dentist near me.” Call our office in Sturbridge and schedule an appointment to get started on your child’s program of dental hygiene. We are experience in dentistry for children and your children’s dentist will go the extra mile to ensure the comfort of your child.