We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
We Accept Dental Insurance Plans in Northampton
If you are one of the millions of Americans with dental insurance, you most likely receive it through your employer. Your employer negotiates the terms of the coverage on your behalf and agrees to pay for part of the cost of the benefits. It is not unusual for individuals covered by the same insurance provider to have different benefits and out-of-pocket costs depending on the coverage terms negotiated by their employer. While dental insurance can substantially lower your out-of-pocket expenses, you are ultimately responsible for the remaining cost of the treatment.
What Can I Do If I Do Not Know How to Use My Dental Insurance With a Dentist in Northampton?
To avoid unexpected out-of-pocket expenses, it is important to find a dentist that takes your insurance. Baystate Dental of Northampton is a preferred dental provider for a number of different insurance plans. We can help you find a dentist in Northampton by insurance type and even help you file the claim. Whether you need a dentist that accepts PPO insurance or a dentist that accepts HMO insurance, our friendly and knowledgeable staff can help. Call us today at (413) 534-3098 for more information.
What Benefits Do I Have Once I Find a Dentist Near Me Who Accepts My Insurance?
While we can help you answer basic questions, such as, “Which dentist takes my insurance?” and help you find a dentist in Northampton by insurance type, specific questions regarding your benefits are best answered by your insurance provider. Before scheduling an appointment, we suggest that you contact your insurer to ask the following questions:
- Am I subject to a waiting period for certain treatments and procedures?
- What are my options if I have a dental emergency away from home and there is not a dentist near me who accepts my insurance?
- Can I see any dental provider that I choose?
- Do I have to pay a fee for each office visit?
- Are services from specialists covered?
- Do I need a referral from my primary dentist in order to see a specialist?
- Who do I call if I have a question about my claim?
- Do you cover Invisalign® treatment?
- Are braces and other orthodontic treatments covered?
- Which types of services need to be pre-authorized?
- Are cosmetic services, such as teeth whitening, covered?
- Do you cover tooth reconstruction and tooth replacement services?
Most insurance plans are either PPO or HMO. PPO plans give you more latitude in choosing a provider, but you may have a higher premium and a copay for each visit. HMO plans typically have lower premiums, but you must choose from a pre-approved list of providers.
Maximizing Your Dental Insurance Benefits
At Baystate Dental of Northampton, we help our patients maintain their oral health by offering affordable services and helping them find treatment options that make the most of their dental insurance benefits. We also offer convenient financing options for those unexpected expenses. Take the first step toward a better smile by calling us today to schedule an appointment with a dentist that takes insurance.
Insurances We Accept
- Anthem (BCBS)
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Connection Dental
- Delta DPO
- Delta Dental Premier®
- Delta PPO
- Dentalworks (Workman’s Comp)
- Lincoln Financial
- Medicare Advantage (Seniors 65+)
- Reliance Standard Life
- TriCare (Military)
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare