At Baystate Dental, we know that a majority of dental problems do not always arise during our regular office hours. A dental emergency can happen at any time to anyone and anywhere. It can happen while playing sports, during a motor vehicle accident, in a fight or even when biting down on an ice cube. This is why we offer emergency dental care with extended hours, Saturday hours, 24 hour on-call dentist, and can see emergency patients on Sundays.
Our experienced dentists and their staff are proficient at handling a range of dental emergencies, including:
- Knocked out teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Damage to dental bridges, dental crowns or porcelain veneers
- Lost fillings
- Problems with wires, brackets or bands on braces
- Tooth abscess (infection)
- Objects stuck between teeth
- Cut or bitten tongue, lip or cheek
Whether you experience pain after these or just feel that something is not right, visit an emergency dentist as soon as possible to receive the treatment you need. Leaving an emergency dental situation untreated can result in serious consequences that usually cost more to treat. Baystate Dental offers 24-hour emergency dental care. We have skilled dentists who can perform a range of dental treatments, including general, cosmetic and neuromuscular treatments. They are on call around the clock, seven days a week (Sundays for emergencies only). We are also available from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on certain days to deliver quality care for extended hours. Call us at (413) 734-9400 for details.
Ways to Avoid Dental Emergencies
Not all dental emergencies are avoidable. However, there are certain things you can do to limit the damage to your teeth:
- Wear a protective mouth guard when you play sports, even if only recreationally.
- Do not chew on ice or hard objects like pens and pencils.
- Do not bite your fingernails.
- Do not use your teeth to open or tear things.
- See your dentist regularly for professional dental cleanings and dental evaluations.
- Practice good oral hygiene every day.
If you live in Belchertown, Chicopee, East Longmeadow, Greenfield – Suite 6, Greenfield – Suite 7, Longmeadow, Ludlow, Northampton – King St, Springfield – Harrison Ave, Springfield – Main St #212, Springfield – Main St #215, Westfield, West Springfield, Wilbraham, Massachusetts or surrounding areas and experience a dental emergency at any time of the day or night, please contact our dental offices for care as soon as possible.